Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 45 min
4-5 poblano peppers
1 onion, roughly chopped
3 garlic cloves, chopped
3 tbsp refined coconut oil (or butter)
3 tbsp casava flour
2 cups veggies stock, or any stock you have
1 cup non-dairy milk
1 tsp salt (or more to taste)
Fresh black pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven at 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and roast the pepper for 25-30 min, flipping them every "15 min".
2. Heat the refined coconut oil in a medium saucepan, over medium heat. Add the onions, and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes.
3. Shift the flour a little bit at the time into the onion and garlic mix, stirring constantly, so it doesn't lump. Pour the stock slowly, and the milk, mixing through the process, so everything combines well.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste, bring to a simmer and let it cook for 8-10 min.
5. After the poblanos have cooled a little, pull the skin off as much as you can. Cut them open and scoop the seeds out.
6. Roughly chop the peppers and add them to the saucepan. Cook for more 5 min.
7. Blend the soup into a smooth cream, and enjoy!