Prep Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1:30 hours
8 oz dried split pea, soaked for 1 hour
2 tbsp of olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, roughly chopped or minced
1 dried bay leaf
salt & pepper to taste
1/2 lb smoked meat of choice (optional)
1. Heat up your pressure cooker pan in medium heat, and start by sautéing the onions, and garlic in the olive oil for 1 minute. Add the drained pre-soaked pea, sauté for another minute. Pour two fingers on top of the sautéed pea mixture of water, add the bay leaf, the salt, pepper, and the meat.
2. Close the lid. Secure that is super tight, turn the heat on high, and bring the heat down as soon as it hits the pressure. Cook it for 20 minutes.
3. Release the pressure. Open carefully.
4. Pick out the bay leaf, and set the piece of meat aside.
5. Blend the pea soup using a hand blender or pour into a blender. Blend until smooth. Return the mix to the stove, and simmer for another 5 minutes.
6.You could put some pieces of the smoked meat into the bowl or just used it for flavoring and consume later. Enjoy it!