6 med golden potatoes, peeled and cubbed
1 dry bay leaf
4 cups water
1 bunch of collard greens, thin sliced
1 lg smoked sausage
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pan, put the cubbed potatoes and water, and bring it to a boil with the sausage (do not slice the sausage), and bay leaf. Bring down to a simmer, cover, and cook for 15-18 min, or until the potatoes are fully cooked.
- Turn off the heat, pick out the bay leaf, and set the sausage aside.
- Blend the water and potatoes, season to taste, slice the sausage, and bring back to the stove.
- Add the sliced collard greens and cook on low heat for more 5 minutes.
- Serve it warm, and enjoy it!