Monday April 23rd, 2018... Also Take a Chance Day, so that's why I am taking a chance to expose myself to be accountable enough to keep up a 125 day program (almost 8 weeks) till my next big event, such as an Olympic Triathlon: 1.5 km (0.93 miles) swim / 40 km (24.8 miles) bike ride / 10 k (6.2 miles) run. The Full Triathlon is: 3.8 km (2.4 miles) swim / 180 km (112 miles) / 42.19 km (26.2 miles).
I have been running for a couple years now (did already a couple marathons and running is also my therapy... lol! Biking is not my best quality, but I feel like it is a manageable category... swimming in the other hand it is another story, it is something that I need to start working on it yesterday. Even more because the event will take place in Lake Tahoe, CA; which the altitude it is already something that I need to watch out for as the training itself. The race will be around 6.000 ft, as I live at sea level... completely different scenario. Here is a little intro:
- Today I woke in the mood for the workout as the idea of the blog was already in my brain. Morning workout at the gym was most weight training as I went for a good bike ride and ran a bit over the weekend. Also did my 50 squats of the day (doing a squat challenge with some girlfriends), today was the first day and we started with 50, we will build to 250 squats at once.
- Pan fried 2 eggs in some ghee and added some kimchi on top for a post workout meal.
- Biked to work (5 miles).
- Today was a day that I was starving the whole day, so as soon as I got to the office I ate my overnight oats (GF oats, coconut flakes, cinnamon, pinch of salt, chia seeds, hemp seeds, dates, dried oranges, coconut milk; in the morning added frozen berries and today I used the chocolate hazelnut butter) and a cup of coffee with some collagen.
- Had some mixed nuts as a snack.
- I brought an amazing healthy salad to work, but as I am a empty whole today... lol! Would not be enough, so I decided to go to Chipotle and had a veggie burrito (brown rice, black beans, mixed veggies, salsa, corn salsa, guacamole, cheese and lettuce), I destroyed it... one of those days...
- Biked back home (another 5 miles).
- Started on this project and really hope this will be a accountable process.
- Dinner was baked veggies (tomatoes, zucchini, eggplant and onions) and mozzarella. Delicious!
Let me know what you all think.
I am taking this journey day by day and do my best to not let anyone down.
Just FYI, there is a couple of days already in the near future that I will be completely out of service as I will be doing some backpacking trip, but you all will be updated as soon as I get back.
Let's all grow together.
PS: tomorrow I am aiming for a good jog to warm up and some swim... how many yards you think I will be able to do?